Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Promise of Amazing by Robin Constantine

Title: The Promise of Amazing
Author: Robin Constantine

371 pages, December 31st 2013, Balzer & Bray
Goodreads' synopsis: "Wren Caswell is average. Ranked in the middle of her class at Sacred Heart, she’s not popular, but not a social misfit. Wren is the quiet, “good” girl who's always done what she's supposed to—only now in her junior year, this passive strategy is backfiring. She wants to change, but doesn’t know how.

Grayson Barrett was the king of St. Gabe’s. Star of the lacrosse team, top of his class, on a fast track to a brilliant future—until he was expelled for being a “term paper pimp.” Now Gray is in a downward spiral and needs to change, but doesn’t know how.

One fateful night their paths cross when Wren, working at her family’s Arthurian-themed catering hall, performs the Heimlich on Gray as he chokes on a cocktail weenie, saving his life literally and figuratively. What follows is the complicated, awkward, hilarious, and tender tale of two teens shedding their pasts, figuring out who they are—and falling in love."
Click to see other books rated 5 stars
Might actually be more of a 4.5
I enjoyed this book a lot! It was funny, cute, and even surprising at times! I don't know if I think that this is exactly a 5-star worthy book, to be honest I'm more leaning towards 4.5, but since I don't like half stars or +' on a grade, I am rounding up to nearest whole number. I did enjoy it, but there was something about it that just didn't make it on my "epic-love" shelf, which is usually where 5-star-contemporary books go.
The characters were great, I loved Mads and Jazz, I loved that Wren had girl friends and it wasn't all about the boy. I loved her siblings, Josh and Brooke, sometimes we would get small breaks from the main plot and hear how they were doing. I would love to see Josh fall in love, just pointing that out there and hoping somebody sees it.
Wren and Grayson were cute, but to be honest I think there might have been more in Luke and Wren. I feel like if they had been given a chance that would have been great. And considering how much I really didn't like Luke as a person that is saying a lot. I just thought Grayson was a little boring. Luke might have been a challenge to transform into a decent guy, but whenever he talked about Ava, I was just wishing that could have been Wren, and that she would have like him back. When that is said, though, I did think the sudden love triangle, which wasn't really a love triangle was kind of weird.
It was a quick read and I found myself not being able to go to sleep, because I wanted to know what happened. Luckily for me I had a bunch of snow days. I can definitely recommend it.

More information and places to buy this book: 

Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide
Click to see The Promise of Amazing on GoodreadsClick to see The Promise of Amazing on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog. You have no idea how much it means to me. :-D

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...