Monday, December 23, 2013

The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting

>> MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILERS FROM THE BODY FINDER 1 & 2 <<
Title: The Last Echo (The Body Finder #3)
Author: Kimberly Derting

358 pages, April 17th 2012, HarperCollins
Goodreads' synopsis: "Violet kept her morbid ability to sense dead bodies a secret from everyone except her family and her childhood-best-friend-turned-boyfriend, Jay Heaton. That is until forensic psychologist Sara Priest discovered Violet’s talent and invited her to use her gift to track down murderers. Now, as she works with an eclectic group of individuals—including mysterious and dangerously attractive Rafe—it’s Violet’s job to help those who have been murdered by bringing their killers to justice.
When Violet discovers the body of a college girl killed by “the girlfriend collector” she is determined to solve the case. But now the serial killer is on the lookout for a new “relationship” and Violet may have caught his eye..."
The Body Finder series never fail to creep me out.
If you haven't read The Body Finder yet, you should go ahead and do that right now.
Every time I read this series, it has me hide under my blanket feeling kind of paranoid (let's just put it this way: I do not read these books in the dark). It might just be me, who gets scared really easily, but I think Kimberly Derting does a great job telling a story, and everything that happens just seems realistic, even though it obviously isn't. I felt like I was with Violet the whole way through.
Violet has definitely changed a lot since the first book. She has gotten older and smarter, not just because she is older, but because she's been through a lot. She understands her gift better, and since she met Sarah - and joined her team - she has started to use her gift a lot more, and throughout the book learns a lot about it, too. I am really excited to see what happens next, and whether her powers gets more advance or what.
I am still super in love with Jay and Violet. They are just the cutest. I can't say that I like the whole Violet & Rafe thing that's going on in this book, not at all. YA books tend to have a love triangle, especially if it's a series, but I am starting to get kind of tired of it, especially when I like the original couple. As long as she ends up figuring out that Jay is the only one, then I'll be happy.
Violet joined the team in the end of the second book and started seeing a therapist, and she seems like she has her life under control (at least as much as possible), but then "the girlfriend collector" happens and everything is turned around. If you liked the first two, you will definitely love this. It's exciting, sad, and scary. What more could you ask for?
More about the book:
Click to see The Last Echo on Book Depository
 Click to see The Last Echo on GoodreadsClick to see The Last Echo on Amazon.com

Click to see The Body Finder on Goodreads  Click to see Desires of the Dead on Goodreads
Check out the whole series
 Click to see The Last Echo on Goodreads Click to see Dead Silence on Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog. You have no idea how much it means to me. :-D

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...