Sunday, November 24, 2013

Crash Into You by Katie McGarry


>> MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILERS FROM PUSHING THE LIMITS 1 & 2 <<

Title: Crash Into You (Pushing the Limits #3)
Author: Katie McGarry

474 pages, November 26th 2013, Harlequin Teen
Goodreads' synopsis: "The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life-that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind.
Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look.
But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other."
I loved the first two books: Pushing the Limits and Dare You To, but I think this might be my favorite of them all. I wasn't really sold on Isaiah in either of the two books, so when I read that Crash Into You was going to be from his point of view, I wasn't really thrilled. In Pushing the Limits he seemed like this screw-up child, and he was a cute character, but I never fully enjoyed the scenes with him, and in Dare You To he was just super annoying, and I was glad that Beth wasn't around him all the time. I CIY he was just great. I read both PTL and DYT a while ago, so I couldn't remember Isaiah that much, except that I didn't like him much, but this time, I loved him. Going through what happened to him in DYT he changed (and grew up a bit) so much, or maybe I just needed to see his world from his point of view, because finally, he made sense to me.
Usually contemporary books starts out with you getting to know the character(s), and then the boy and girl meet, they fall in love, something happens that splits them apart, and they make up. Even though they often are like that, I still love them and am surprised whenever the stuff happens.
Here they met in one the first chapters, and the night they met went on for a long time, so long I was kind of scared that the entire book was going to be on that one day, although that would have been cool, I am so happy it didn't, because I loved this story.
My only complaint is that we barely saw Noah, Echo, Beth and Ryan. We kept seeing Isaiah in the first two books, he was there most of the time, but in this one it was like they never really saw each other, which ended up being fine, because it worked out and made sense, but I was a little disappointed at first.
But really I loved this book. It's the first book I have read in over a month, and it was a super read to get me out of my reading slump!

More about this book: 
 Click to see Crash Into you on Amazon Click to see Crash Into You on Goodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog. You have no idea how much it means to me. :-D

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...