Thursday, July 25, 2013

Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally

Title: Catching Jordan ( #1)
Author: Miranda Kenneally
281 pages, December 1st 2011, Sourcebooks Fire
Goodreads' synopsis: "What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though - she leads them as the captain and quarterback on her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there's a new guy in town who threatens her starring position on the team... and has her suddenly wishing to be seen as more than just a teammate."

I really wanted to love this book. But honestly I just thought it was too poorly written. The only character I could stand was JJ, the others were either annoying or seemed kind of fake. Usually stories like Ty's makes me cry my eyes out, but this time I just threw the book down, because he just didn't seem convincing at all. I honestly thought that he was lying just to get her spot on the team or something. And I kept on thinking that same thing the entire book through. 
To me the plot didn't seem well thought out. The book is full of all the bad clichés. It works sometimes, but not when you have them everywhere. And then suddenly near the ending the entire plot changes and our main character has a whole new point of view. 
UGH and then Jordan begins writing poetry and she's hating it, but then she's loving it. And she just changes her mind every second and it's really annoying. 
I really didn't enjoy this book and do not recommend it.

 

2 comments:

  1. Okay I AM SO GLAD THAT SOMEONE ELSE FEELS THE SAME WAY!!!! Everyone loves this book, but I was just NEVER feeling it! As you said Jordan is sooooo inconsistent! One minute she feels this way and then the next she's done a complete 180 and it's like WHAT???? Truthfully I didn't read the whole book because I skipped a couple chapters in the middle and then skipped to the end just so I could find out what happened!
    And the whole poetry thing.....I am at a loss....It's just bizarre!!!
    So I really am unsure of whether I should continue to read this author's books from this series. Although I really want to read the fourth book, Racing Savannah because that sounds like it could be really good! And maybe the author's writing style will have improved! Anyhow, I'm so glad to see that I'm not alone in disliking this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried reading Stealing Parker, but had to quit, because I really didn't like it either. If you think Racing Savannah sounds good you should give it a chance, but you don't have to read the others. I think it's kind of like Sarah Dessen's books, where the characters from previous books sometimes shows up or something.
    Also glad someone shares my opinion on this book, because it seems like everyone on Goodreads loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog. You have no idea how much it means to me. :-D

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...